Sunday, August 2, 2015

Haul out in Port Townsend was successful

I really enjoyed my haul out in Port Townsend as it is the finest nautical town in Washington without the urbanity of Seattle and they are one of the last yards around that still lets a boat owner work on their own boat. This is so important to me that I cannot imagine paying someone to do the basic maintenance boats require.

All I did at this haul out was bottom paint and zincs. Nothing compared to last time! I found her free of barnacles on the hull, which was good, but did have some on the rudder where the prop wash had totally worn away the ablative paint. Given all the miles on that paint I was impressed. It had gone 900 miles around Vancouver Island and also a trip to Princess Louisa, in addition to all of our weekend and three day get aways.

Here are some shots.
A Gulf 32 hauled out

Prop had been scraped. Shows lack of paint on rudder. 
Zinc added and prop coated with Lanocote Prop stuff. I've used regular Lanocote with good results before. Wonder if this will last longer to justify the added cost.

Two coats of paint and ready for the Salish Sea! Ain't she a beaut!

No comments: