Friday, April 6, 2018

New Joker Valve for Jabsco Head

The Jabsco head on Aeolus is pretty much original to when I first bought the boat. I have never replaced the joker valve, and the head had been back filling and burping for some years. So I finally got around to the stinky job of replacing that valve and what do I find but hard encrusted scaly unmentionable things caked around the now dried out valve that kept it from closing fully. New valve installed, the area cleaned out, and problem solved. Replace your joker valves every couple years, they are cheap.

2 comments:

Residential Faculty said...

Hello Brian,

My name is Jeff and I am considering buying a Gulf 32 and am hoping you could provide some insights to their sailing characteristics. I live in Tacoma and have spend many summers sailing the Salish Sea. I am more sailor than motorsailor, and would love to know how Gulfs perform in our variable winds and narrow passages.

You can reach me at jdbarber@gmail.com if you have insights to offer.

Thanks,

J-

Unknown said...

Just wanted to stop in and tell you that as a recent owner of a gulf 32 i really appreciate your technical articles. I'm officially afraid of the fuel tank, i haven't inspected since i read your blog about it, but I'm concerned about the diesel smell inside the boat. I'm in Olympia, plan to sail to Alaska this summer. Maybe we can raft up sometime and talk boat!

Sincerely,
Matt k