Saturday, October 17, 2009

She's running again!

Ha! Went back to Aeolus today and after connecting this, that, and everything else, I started her up for the first time in about a month. Filled her with oil, filled her with antifreeze, changed all her filters (fuel and oil), attached the new heat exchanger and whamo! she purred like a kitten.

I have never had trouble starting my Universal diesel after the lines have been cleared. I pull the stop switch and crank her a few seconds to prime the oil system. I loosen the bleed valve on the injection pump. I turn the key on and let the electric fuel pump do it's job until it builds up pressure and stops. With all this, she always starts as always, on the first crank.

Now I have a massive boat cleaning job to do, but I might be able to pull her out of her slip just to take a short jaunt tomorrow! Yippee.


No comments: